We know that not everybody requires the services of a domestic cleaning company. Whilst we’re always on hand to offer one-off help with the most stubborn stains, many can be tackled with your own supplies and a little advice from experts. If you’re uncomfortable with the risk of trying to remove your own spots and stains, get in touch with us and we will happily come over and our trained cleaners can remove even the most persistent dried on food, drink, mud and more. For more advice or to use our Spot & Stain Removal service, call the office on 07429 096 095.
Follow the below instructions carefully and exactly, Spot & Stain Removal can be a very difficult process and you can find yourself with a bigger stain on your hands. These procedures are not intended for Upholstery or Furniture.
- Spills are best tackled whilst fresh, so you should always keep yourself armed with a basic spot removal kit in the kitchen or bathroom. This should include a wet spotter stain remover, white cloths and a coarse spotting brush. If you have cats and dogs in the home, a bacterial digester is a must. If you can get your hands on one, a wet and dry hoover is a great tool to keep nearby.
- When you spot a stain, you need to act quickly. Spillages which are treated immediately are three times more likely to be removed. Make sure that you don’t let the stain dry, so avoiding heat and blowing air is essential.
- Firstly, you want to remove any solid materials. Food will often set when left, so use cutlery handles or a very dull knife to gently scrape this away. Once this is done, blot any liquids in the carpet with a white towel or cloth. Make sure this is dry, it will work far better. Blot the stain without scrubbing it, working from the outside inward.
- With your chosen cleaning product, moisten the white towel with it and continue to blot. If this doesn’t lift the stain, spray the affected area with clean water and blot again with a new, clean towel. This is where that wet and dry vacuum cleaner might come in handy to extract the moisture. Once the stain has been removed, replace the towel with another clean one and put a heavy object on top. The idea here is to force the moisture to be soaked up into the towel; you may need to replace it depending upon the pile of your carpet.
If this still proves to be unsuccessful, you can get in touch with Cleen Company via e-mail or on 07429 096 095. To find out more about our carpet and stain services, click here to read more.
– See more at: http://www.cleenco.co.uk/spot_and_stain_removal#sthash.pQGLWHHR.dpuf